Sunday, January 16, 2011

American Idol Recap (Season 7-The Tales of Two Davids)

The seventh season of American Idol premiered on January 15, 2008 and concluded on May 21, 2008. This is the first season that David Cook and David Archuleta made it in the finale two.

Top 12-Lennon/McCartney Songbook
Syesha-Got to Get You into My Life
Chikezie-She's a Woman
Ramiele-In My Life
Jason Castro-If I Fell
Carly Smithson-Come Together
David Cook-Eleanor Rigby
Brooke White-Let's It Be
David Hernandez- I Saw Her Standing There
Amanda Overmyer-You Can't Do That
Michael Johns- Across the Universe
Kristy Lee Cook-Eight Days a Week
David Archuleta- We Can Work It Out
Eliminated: David Hernandez

Top 11-The Beatles
Amanda Overmyer-Back in the USSR
Kristy Lee Cook-You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
David Archuleta-The Long and Winding Road
Michael Johns-A Day in the Life
Brooke White- Here Comes the Sun
David Cook-Day Tripper
Carly Smithson-Blackbird
Jason Castro-Michelle
Syesha Mercado-Yesterday
Chikezie-I've Just Seen a Face
Ramiele Malubay-I Should Have Know Better
Eliminated: Amanda Overmyer

Top 10-Year They Were Born
Ramiele Malubay- Alone (i ten)
Jason Castro-Fragile (Sting)
Syesha Mercado-If I Were Your Woman (Gladys Knight & The Pips)
Chikezie-If Only for One Night (Luther Vandross)
Brooke White- Every Breath You Take (The Police)
Michael Johns-We Will Rock / We Are the Champions Medley (Queen)
Carly Smithson-Total Eclipse of the Heart (Bonnie Tyler)
David Archuleta-You're the Voice (John Farham)
Kristy Lee Cooke-God Bless the USA (Lee Greenwood)
David Cook-Bille Jean (Michael Jackson)
Eliminated: Chikezie

Top 9-Dolly Parton
Mentor: Dolly Parton
Brooke White-Jolene
David Cook-Little Sparrow
Ramiele Malubay-Do I Ever Cross You Mind
Jason Castro-Travelin Thru
Carly Smithson-Here You Come Again
David Archuleta- Smoky Mountain Memories
Kristy Lee Cook-Coat of Many Colors
Syesha Mercado-I Will Always Love You
Michael Johns-It's All Wrong But It's All Right
Eliminated: Ramiele Malubay

Top 8-Inspirational Songs
Michael Johns-Dream On (Aerosmith)
Syesha Mercado- I Believe (Famtasia)
Jason Castro-Over the Rainbow (Judy Garland)
Kristy Lee Cook- Anyway (Martina McBride)
David Cook-Innocent (Our Lady Peace)
Carly Smithson-The Show Must Go On (Queen)
David Archuleta-Angels (Robbie Williams)
Brooke White- You've Got a Friend (Carole King)
Eliminatd: Michael Johns

Top 7-Mariah Carey
Mentor: Mariah Carey
David Archuleta-When You Believe (Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston)
Carly Smithson- Without You (Badfinger)
Syesha Mercado-Vanshing
Brooke White-Hero
Kristy Lee Cook-Forever
David Cook-Always Be My Baby
Jason Castro-I Don't Wanna Cry
Eliminated: Kristy Lee Cook

Top 6-Andrew Lloyd Webber
Mentor: Andrew Lloyd Webber
Syesha Mercado-One Rock & Roll Too Many (from Starlight Express)
Jason Castro- Memory (from Cats)
Brooke White-You Must Love Me (from Evita)
David Archuleta-Think of Me (from The Phantom of the Opera)
Carly Smithson-Superstar (from Jesus Christ Superstar)
David Cook-The Music of the Night (from The Phantom of the Opera)
Eliminated: Carly Smithson

Top 5-Neil Diamond
Mentor: Neil Diamond
Each contestant sang two songs.

Jason Castro
Forever in Blue Skies
September Morn

David Cook
I'm Alive
All I Really Need Is You

Brooke White
I'm a Believer (The Monkees)
I'm Am...I Said

David Archuleta
Sweet Caroline
America

Syesha Mercado
Hello Again
Thank the Lord for the Night Time
Eliminated: Brooke White

Top 4-Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Each Contestant sang two songs.

David Cook
Hungry Like the Wolf (Duran Duran)
Baba O'Riley (The Who)

Syesha Mercado
Proud Mary (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
A Change Is Gonna Come (Sam Cooke)

Jason Castro
I Shot the Sheriff (Bob Marley)
Mr. Tambourine Man (Bob Dylan)

David Archuleta
Stand by Me (Ben E King)
Love Me Tender (Elvis Presley)
Eliminated: Jason Castro

Top 3-Judge's Choice, Contestant's Choice and Producer's Choice
David Archuleta
And So It Goes (Billy Joel) Paula Abdul
With You (Chris Brown)
Longer (Don Fogelberg)

Syesha Mercado
If I Ain't Got You (Alica Keys) Randy Jackson
Fever (Little Wille John)
Hit Me Up (Gia Ferell)

David Cook
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Peggy Seeger) Simon Cowell
Dare You to Move (Switchfoot)
I Don't Want Miss a Thing (Aerosmith)
Eliminated: Syesha Mercado

Top 2-Clive Davis's Choice, New Song & Contestant Choice
David Cook
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (U2)
Big Dream
The World I Know (Collective Soul)

David Archuleta
Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me (Elton John)
In the Moment
Imagine (John Lennon)

Winner: David Cook
Runner-Up: David Archuleta

No comments:

Post a Comment